Eastern Orthodox Committee on Scouting Scholarship
The Eastern Orthodox Committee on Scouting offers two scholarships. The recipient for first place and runner up will receive a cash stipend upon acceptance to a four year accredited college or university. The candidates are evaluated on their involvement in their church, school, community, scholastic achievements, and Scouting.
- Be a registered active member of a Boy or Girl Scout unit.
- Have earned the Eagle Scout Award for boys or the Gold Award for girls.
- Be an active member of an Eastern Orthodox Church and must have received the Alpha Omega Religious Scout Award.
- Have demonstrated practical citizenship in their church, school, Scouting unit, and community.
- Be enrolled in an accredited high school, and in their final year.
- Submit four letters of recommendation with the application: one letter from leaders of each of the following groups: religious institution, school, community leader, and head of Scouting unit.
The Eastern Orthodox Committee on Scouting Scholarship Committee will award the two national scholarships to the recipients who best meet the qualifications and not on a "need" basis.
Applications can be obtained from E.O.C.S. Chairman, George N. Boulukos, 862 Guy Lombardo Avenue, Freeport, New York 11520 and they must be submitted by May 1st of each year.
The national winners will be announced in the summer of each year.
More information can be found at www.eocs.org.