St. George Church School provides our children with a basic education in the Christian faith and in our Orthodox way of life. The curriculum provides the student with the essential concepts of Christian Faith and practice while reinforcing basic Orthodox teachings from one year to the next. The curriculum runs from pre-school through 12th grade.
A dedicated staff of teachers is well prepared to offer this valuable instruction for our children. The books and materials used follow the guidelines from the Antiochian Archdiocese Department of Christian Education and the Orthodox Christian Educational Council (OCEC).
The Church School is overseen by Superintendents Amal Hourani and Daniel Ozone. The Church School Staff is:
- Pre-School: Lara Lakis & Salam Daaboul/ Assistant
- Kindergarten: Diane Gabrielli
- Grade 1: Felomina Abi-Elias
- Grade 2: Soraya Bandeli & Alisar Mitri/ Assistant
- Grade 3: Pascale Haddad & Carolyn Saba-Sr/ Assistant
- Grade 4: Rima Ayoub
- Grade 5: Reem Ozone, Esq.
- Grade 6: Linda Ayoub
- Grade 7: Nabil Hourani
- Grade 8: Faris Saba
- Grade 9: Dr. Roula Fayad
- Grade 10: Michael Marge
- Grades 11/12 - Dr. Anthony Bashir
- Substitute: Zeina Kahhale
- 2012-2013 Church School Calendar
Every school age child of the parish should be enrolled in St. George Church School. Classes run from mid September to mid May and are conducted each Sunday from immediately after Communion (Church School students should line up first for Communion) until 12:15. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the Directors or our Youth Director, Sub Deacon Rassem El-Massih at the Church Office (617-323-0323) or via email.