St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church
of Boston, MA

Welcome to St. George Church of Boston

interior1 St. George Orthodox Church of Boston has been a place for faith and fellowship for over a century. Our parish began when a large number of Orthodox immigrants arrived from the Middle East at the turn of the 20th Century.  One of the first things they wanted was a church where they could preserve their religious heritage.  Under the spiritual direction of  Orthodox Bishop [now Saint] Raphael Hawaweeny,  our first parish was established in the South End in 1900.  St. George parish continued to grow and prosper throughout the century.  In 1978, the present church was built in West Roxbury, the sixth center of worship for this growing community.   Our people are the heart and soul of St. George's Church.  Today, we are a parish of approximately sixteen hundred members who share a common Orthodox Christian faith, a shared vision and hopes for the future.  Together, with ten other parishes in the Diocese of New England, our mission is to present, teach and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  

Learn more about our parish by choosing any of the links below: 

 

St. George Antiochian Orthodox Church | V. Rev. Fr. Timothy Ferguson, Pastor
55 Emmonsdale Road P.O.Box 320164 | West Roxbury, MA 02132
(o) 617.323.0323 | (f) 617.323.6301 | email us | map